Xpert® Xpress Strep A CLIA Waived Rapid. Quality results. No compromise.
Xpert Xpress Strep A changes what is possible with in-office confirmatory Group A Strep results — providing medically actionable and timely results to clinicians to optimize fast treatment decisions and support antimicrobial stewardship.
- Confirmatory molecular test results
- Sample Type – Throat Swab (E-swab in liquid Amies)
- Test time as soon as 18 mins for positives#
- Internal QC in each test cartridge
- Room temperature reagent storage (2–28°C) until the expiration date provided on the label
- No confirmation required for negative results†
# With early assay termination (EAT) for positive results. † No culture confirmation required for negative results unless clinical symptoms persist, or there is an outbreak of acute rheumatic fever (ARF).
Sensitivity: 99.4% Positive Percent Value: 85.3%
Specificity: 94.1% Negative Percent Value: 99.8%