Today, Magnatherm Model 1000 and the new Magnatherm SSP are the leaders in providing therapeutic heat deep into the musculature, where it is most effective.
The Magnatherm is designed to pulse between 700 and 7000 pulses per second with a 95 microsecond pulse width. The Magnatherm pulses throughout the therapeutic range, and can provide mild, moderate, or vigorous deep heating.
Magnatherm is designed with electrostatic shielding, which suppresses electrostatic energy which conjugates on the surface and allows the electromagnetic energy to create deep seated heating.
The Magnatherm has two independent induction treatment heads which allow for the treatment of two parts of the body simultaneously, the treatment of one area of the body from two directions, or the synergistic treatment of one area both directly and remotely at the same time.
Heating is an important technique in the practice of physical medicine. Therapeutic heat treatment of deeper pathologic conditions and chronic disease processes can be achieved very easily with Magnatherm.
Heating of deep seated musculature results in many beneficial physiological effects:
- Increase in blood flow due to vasodilation
- Increase in capillary pressure and cell membrane permeability
- Increase in transfer of metabolites across cell membranes
- Increase in concentration of white blood cells and antibodies
- Increase in transfer of toxins, engulfed bacteria, and debris away from the treated area
- Improved oxygenation
- Decreased inflammation
- Relaxation of muscles and relief of muscle spasms
- Decrease in tension of collagenous tissue and increase of range of motion of collagenious tissue such as tendons and joint capsules
- Relief of pain and edema
Magnatherm is useful in the management of arthritis, bursitis, low back pain and muscle spasm, tendonitis, neuritis, and other similar conditions that benefit from mild, moderate, or vigorous deep heat therapy.
Magnatherm not only relieves pain but can often help resolve the underlying conditions.
The New Magnatherm SSP is both portable and mobile, and can bring the benefits Magnatherm provides to both the clinic and the home.