Smiths Medical Launches New Pulse Oximetry Line
Designed for Clinician Flexibility and Convenience
June 23, 2009 – Waukesha, WI – Smiths Medical announced today the launch of its new BCI® SPECTRO2™ Pulse Oximetry Portfolio. Designed for a variety of patient care settings, the portfolio features three models: the SPECTRO2™l 10, SPECTRO2™l 20, and SPECTRO2™l 30 Pulse Oximeters.
The SPECTRO2™ Pulse Oximetry Portfolio is built on a foundation of proprietary BCI® technology and delivers accurate, trustworthy readings across a full range of patient care settings – even during motion or low perfusion conditions:
- SPECTRO2™l 10 Pulse Oximeter is designed with the durability and dependability associated with the BCI® brand, and delivers reliable results in primary care environments at an affordable cost.
- SPECTRO2™l 20 Pulse Oximeter features patented BCI® serial autocorrelation technology which allows it to deliver reliable spot-check results in some of the most challenging clinical settings, including those with the presence of low perfusion or motion.
- SPECTRO2™l 30 Pulse Oximeter has all the benefits of the other two models, plus multiple operating modes with audible and visual alarms, and the availability of a nurse call system that alerts healthcare providers for potential clinical intervention to ensure patient safety.
With its unique features and optional accessories, this BCI® family of pulse oximetry devices facilitates improved patient care and clinical efficiency, while providing the flexibility and convenience required by today’s healthcare professionals. The portfolio’s array of accessories makes it possible to customize a solution to suit each environment’s specific needs.
Features of the SPECTRO2™ Pulse Oximetry Portfolio include:
- On-board cradle to store and protect the sensor
- NEW BCI® spot check finger sensor
- Pulse amplitude Index (PI) bar-graph indicator to help clinicians choose a good test site
- Memory storage for up to 99 patients
- Large, bright LED display
- Three-year warranty
About Smiths Medical
Smiths Medical is a leading supplier of high-quality medical devices and products for global markets. It designs and manufactures specialist medical devices in three key areas: Safety Devices, Vital Care and Medication Delivery. Smiths Medical's customers include hospitals, alternate care such as home care, and other healthcare providers worldwide. Smiths Medical is part of the global technology business Smiths Group, a world leader in the practical application of advanced technologies. Smiths is a global technology company listed on the London Stock Exchange. For further information, visit www.smiths-medical.com.